What Are The Advantages Of Floor Trusses?
Any building or home needs a strong support structure to keep it safe and stable. For this purpose, contractors usually use one of the two components: floor truss systems or I-beam floor joists. Although both are effective, we highly recommend you go for the floor truss option. Floor trusses allow the floors of a home or building to remain stable and secure to apply fixtures such as large tiles over the top.
Although floor trusses may seem a little more expensive initially, it is worth installing them in your home, as it will be worth it in the long run. A well-constructed floor truss can increase the quality of the floor and help ease the load on hardwood floor, or nay movement of laying down larger tiles. It also helps mute the vibrations when people are walking over the floor.
Here are the following reasons why you should install floor trusses:
- Floor trusses provides a solution to many floors framing issues. Trusses are usually built, with 2” x 4” framing materials. This wide and stable area makes the floor easy to work, both on and around it. Tradespeople usually like the fact that a wider surface is available for nailing and construction.
- Floor trusses are manufactured in a controlled industry environment. This means minimal material wastage, shrinkage, twisting or warping. This sustainable choice means that you are contributing your part to the environment by using floor trusses.
- Homeowners have repeatedly reported lesser squeaks and creaks on floors, with trusses. This makes walking on it smoother and increases the stability of the floor.
- Shallower or deeper floor depths can be achieved using floor trusses. They make the floor more solid and sturdy and reduce the need for other structures, such as beams or columns.
- Floor trusses provide an open web design. This means that installing electrical, plumbing or HVAC systems are much easier.
- The open web design also offers a cost-effective solution. Since they use smaller wooden pieces for construction, the cost of materials is cut down significantly.
- Floor trusses do not require any additional support structures like I-beams.
Still thinking if you should invest in floor trusses or not?
The above benefits show why you it may be the best choice for your home. It provides overall structure and stability for your home, along with ease of construction at reduced costs.
At Gosford Frame and Truss, we will deliver top quality floor trusses. Our team’s craftsmanship is unparalleled, and we have more than 30 years of experience in the industry.
We have a team of designers and engineers, who can deliver the perfect blueprint to create the precise engineered floor plan for your home. All our trusses and frames are known for their flexibility, durability and cost-effectiveness. We are confident we a truss provider in Australia for all your truss-related needs!
We service the areas of Killcare, Hardys Bay, Fountaindale, MacMasters Beach, Umina, Terrigal, Gosford, Pretty Beach, Patonga, Ettalong, Copacabana, Bateau Bay, Avoca, and surrounding areas.