How to Plan for A Timber Frame Home?
So you’ve decided to build your dream home, which is a timber frame home. The first exciting step would be planning out the details of this structure and how it comes together.
You don’t need to feel swamped with the thought of bringing this vision to existence. Ensure you are working with a reputable and experienced manufacturer of roof trusses and wall frames. Gosford Frame and Truss will take the time to listen to your ideas and needs. We will ensure you will have an enjoyable experience building your dream home.
Planning your timber frame home
Gosford Frame and Truss have more than 30 years of working in the timber industry. Our experience has enabled us to provide you with some useful tips for planning your timber frame home.
1. Plan your home according to your lifestyle. Consider your lifestyle, ensuring that your timber wall frames, and other home components complement your plan. For example, if you are fond of cooking, then plan for a spacious kitchen. If you like to entertain, there should be enough gathering spaces around your dining area for family and friends.
2. Think how you will move through your home. Going with the flow means considering a flowing floor plan. For example, the dining, kitchen and living spaces are not separated by walls, but by heavy timber beams or floor transition. Walls will only impact the flow of traffic, besides giving your home a cramped look.
3. Incorporate large windows for natural light that can lift your mood and allow you to experience outdoor view. Plan your timber frame home with large windows to incorporate that open spacious feeling.
4. Get your rooms to complement each together. Design your room layout in such a way that it does not show your electrical or heating system. Your bathroom should hide the plumbing/pipes, which are real eye sores. Additionally, plan the laundry, kitchen and bathroom to be located near each other.
5. Consider the future. Your dream home, a timber frame home, is a great investment. It’s not only for you, but also for the generations after you. Plan not only for you immediate needs, but about your future needs and lifestyle as well with your family.
The trusted name in timber homes
Gosford Frame and Truss is the name to remember when it comes to the design and manufacture of timber wall frames and roof trusses. Using state of the art equipment, the highest quality timber, and innovative ways to design your structure. We guarantee that our products are a great fit, every single time.
If you’re ready to make your plan for your timber home a reality, we would be happy to assist. We have the expertise needed for manufacturing timber wall frames on the Central Coast. This makes us the ideal choice for owner builders, contractors and DIY enthusiasts in the area.
We cover the areas of Pretty Beach, Gosford, Hardy’s Bay, Umina, Ettalong, Avoca, Killcare, Bateau Bay, Patonga, MacMasters Beach, the neighbouring areas, Copacabana, Terrigal, Fountaindale and surrounding areas.